We provide technical support to Community Land Trusts and other services to the Community Housing Sector. In Somerset, Devon and Dorset we support a programme of some 50 partnerships between CLTs and housing associations comprising c. 500 homes.
We also work with the National CLT Network to help deliver the Enabling Hub initiative and to evaluate the CLT Start-up Fund.
Middlemarch Associates LLP (“Middlemarch”) was incorporated on the 28th March 2013.
Middlemarch Community Led Housing CIC was incorporated on 1st May 2020.
Our track record in delivering the community led housing support services.
- CLTs incorporated: 41.
- Housing schemes completed: 16.
- Housing schemes in progress: 32.
- Homes completed and in progress: c.500.
- Income to communities from projects completed or in progress (index linked): c. £17m over 125 years.
- Asset value of homes completed or in progress (at cost): c. £100m.
- 6 consecutive years of Devon Rural Housing Partnership awards plus, in 2018, 2 inaugural National CLT Network awards.
- Regular coverage on the BBC, in the regional press, and in community housing sector publications.
- The engagement of 17 local authorities and 9 housing associations in supporting CLTs.
To help establish a thriving community-led housing group in every community.
We believe that no-one cares more about a community than its people. The desire of local people to protect and improve their places represents a huge force for change; a change that can foster self-esteem, mobilise local talents, build community resilience and promote inclusiveness. We believe that the medium of such change is local people leading the development of community-owned assets.
To facilitate asset ownership for community benefit; primarily involving the ownership by communities of affordable housing. We do this by providing end-to-end technical support to community projects or by providing services to the wider community housing sector.